Dreamchaser: A Game of Destiny (Book)
Dreamchaser: A Game of Destiny (Book)
Unleash your creativity and imagine the game YOU want to play—the story YOU want to experience!
Dreamchaser is an immersive story building game where a game master guides players on a journey to achieve their dream. Players imagine the dream they want to pursue. They let that goal inspire them, imagining characters to play and experiences to have. They live out that story wherever it takes them— a story of pursuing their dreams.
Dreamchaser is brimming with captivating and inspiring full color art to help your mind wander. It's packed with examples to kindle your creativity. At just over a hundred pages, it's an easy read and you'll be playing in no time. The 6" x 9" will easily pack for wherever you want to go. Just imagine all that we can achieve together!
If you could live out any story, any moment—what would you experience?
Lead a Rebellion • Ride a Dragon • Win an Academy Award • Free an Innocent Man • Race to the Stars • Restore Your Memory • Get the Girl/Boy • Live to Tell About It • Seal an Ancient Evil • Become the Perfect Weapon • Solve a Madman’s Riddle • Uncover the Truth • Find Dad's Pants • Create the Cure • Crown the Rightful Heir • Survive the Zombie Outbreak • Live Without Fear • Discover a New World • Be Adored by Fans • Broker Peace
Your character has a moment, a challenge, a purpose waiting for you. Will you chase it? Will you realize your dream?
No dream is too great or too small…find your strategy for success!
Dreamchaser: A Game of Destiny is an immersive story building game where a game master guides players on a journey to achieve their dream. The players imagine a goal for their game—their story. They let that goal inspire them, imagining characters to play and experiences to have. Experiences they want to share. They live out that story wherever it takes them— a story of pursuing their dreams.
What are people saying about Dreamchaser?
“Dreamchaser is a roleplaying game done right. The system frees the game master to be a champion and fan of the characters and their stories.”
–Cris Frank, Director of Human Resources, We Hate Bards
- “Dreamchaser undersells itself: the fine line it treads between letting the players write the story (not just parts, the story itself) while still being able to experience it authentically is something I haven’t seen before.”
–Jim Dagg, Game Designer
- “I love the ease of learning the game, and how simple it is to set up! The game design assists your imagination, but never hinders it in any way. Pete has created my new go-to game!”
–Lindsey McCullough, Playtester
- “Given my line of work, a game that promotes dreams, goals, and miracles is a must have in my collection.”
–Dr. Brian Quinones, LPC Child and Adolescent In-Home Mental Health Therapist
A Dream Mapping process that creates a goal oriented game of the players’ design in minutes and gives players a say in the story they want to experience.
- A Vision Roll technique that helps players influence the Game Master’s plans for every game session while helping the Game Master prepare for immediate or future play.
- Collaborative and interactive Character Creation that rewards creativity, spawns immersive characters, and sets them on a mutual goal.
- Character Milestones break stories (campaigns) into short sessions like chapters in a book. Play them consecutively or fit them into busy adult lives.
- Game Masters create any story characters or challenges they need in seconds so they can focus on engaging player characters and driving the story forward.
- Flexible rules that empower players to create their own strategies for success and allow them to defeat challenges in any manner that fits the story they want to tell.
Dreamchaser is easy to relate to with a 1-10 scale. Every target number is on the character sheet. There are no modifiers, only rerolls. Each roll is designed to get the player into the character’s headspace and drive the story forward with an outcome that dictates meaningful success or failure. Play pretend again. Create stories, create characters, create memories. Visit imagininggames.com for actual plays, reviews, interviews, examples, and more!
Just imagine all that we can achieve together…what’s your dream?